Independent Marine Services cc
THOR MARINE is a Closed Corporation type of company, established and registered in South Africa in 2003, Registration No. 2003/060062/23. With head office in Richards Bay but operating on demand in all Southern African Ports, specializes in providing General Marine Surveying & Consulting Services to the Marine Industry.
- Flag State Inspector : Panama, Bahamas, Barbardos, Togo, Jamaica, Sierra Leone, St. Kitts & Nevis.
- Class Surveyor: Panama Shipping Registrar Inc., ICS Class (Panama), China Corporation Registrar Shipping (Taiwan), International Ship Classification Pte Ltd (Singapore), Guardian Bureau of Shipping (Syria), Conarina (USA) , Royal Bureau of Shipping (Ukraine)
- Other Clients : Höegh Autoliners, Mitsui OSK Lines, Saipem Luxemburg S.A, Anadarko Petroleum, SMB Offshore, KCA Duetag, Bureau Veritas, etc.
- 1982 - 1993 : At sea, deck officer.
- 1993 - 1994 : Keeley Stevedoring, Richards Bay.
- 1994 - 1999 : Marine Surveyor at Captain G.A. Chettle (Durban)
- 1999 - present : Owner / Director of Bona Fide Marine (Marine Surveying & Consulting - Durban & Southern Africa)
- 2005 - 2016 : Shareholder & Managing Director of Bureau Veritas Marine Surveying (Pty) Ltd. (Durban & Southern Africa)
- 2016 - present : Owner / Director of Thor Marine Independent Marine Services cc (Richard Bay & Southern Africa)
- 2017 - present : Indian Ocean Ship Agency (Southern African Ports)
- Person in Charge of the operations
- 22 years managerial experience in all aspects of Marine Surveying
- Further 14 years managerial experience in Ship’s Agency operations
- Further 8 years experience in shore-based marine businesses
- Sea Going Deck Officer
- Vido Cavor (Director)
24 years managerial experience in all aspects of Marine Surveying, including in leading international Marine Surveying companies. - Responsible for maintenance of relevant International Inspection Standards, Procedures, Methods, etc.
- Andy York (General Manager)
Person in Charge of the operations - 22 years managerial experience in all aspects of Marine Surveying - Further 14 years managerial experience in Ship’s Agency operations - Further 8 years experience in shore-based marine businesses - Sea Going Deck Officer
- Robert Pick (Marine Surveyor)
9 years experience in all aspects of Marine Surveying - Further 9 years managerial experience in marine cargo warehousing - Further 5 years managerial experience in stevedoring - Qualified Submariner
- Luke Gagnepain (Marine Surveyor)
8 years experience in all aspects of Marine Surveying - Further 4 years experience land surveying (stockpile surveys, 3D modelling, etc.) - Further 2 years experience in metal scrap management
- Michelle York (Administrator, Accounts)
18 years experience in Marine Industry
ClientsThe extensive list of other regular Clients in Southern Africa includes:
- Ship’s Agents
- Ship Owners / Managers / Charterers
- Other international and local Marine Surveying companies
- The Bahamas Maritime Authority
- Barbados Ships Registry
- China Corporation Register of Shipping (Taiwan)
- Maritime Authority of Jamaica
- International Classification Registry (Singapore) Pty Ltd
- Panama Maritime Authority
- Panama Shipping Registrar Inc.
- Guardian Bureau of Shipping (Syria)
- Sierra Leone International Shipping Registry
- St. Kitts & Nevis International Ships Registry
- ICS Class (Panama)
- Royal Bureau of Shipping (Ukraine)
- CONARINA (US)
We believe, based on the above facts, as well as on proven track record over the past years, that Thor Marine is in a very good position to provide reliable and professional Marine Surveying & Consulting services in Southern African region and wider.
References are available on request.
References are available on request.